Skip to main content
Contact us

Lets work
with each other.

Tell us about your needs


County Court possession orders can be enforced by Enforcement Agents by transferring to a High Court Writ. This allows attendance at the property or land to take back possession from the defendants – normally listed as Persons Unknown.

An interim possession order cannot be enforced by Enforcement Agents. Action can only be taken by the Police if they are willing to be involved.

What is needed to transfer up the order or judgment

To start the transfer up process you will need the following;

  • The judgment or order that details the land or property that is to be recovered
  • A payment of £66.00 (court fee)

How to instruct us

Complete the form here, upload the necessary documents and make the payment of £66.00.

Once these have been received our transfer up team will start the process on your behalf.



What happens next

The team will start working on your case immediately it is received. They will prepare the necessary paperwork for the transfer up to the High Court. It is necessary to confirm the details of the judgment with the issuing court. How swift this is handled will depend on each individual court, the timescale of this is out of our hands.

As soon as we are possession of the High Court Writ you will be notified of the enforcement date.

Enforcement stage

Where payment of the debt is not made an Enforcement Agent will attend any relevant address in England or Wales to take control of the debtors’ goods. Depending on the circumstances the Enforcement Agent may remove the goods to sell or may come to an agreement with the debtor to pay instalments through a structured Controlled Goods Agreement (CGA).

Should this agreement be breached the debtor will incur additional costs and the Enforcement Agent can return to remove the controlled goods.

Keeping you up to date

Throughout the entire case you will be provided timely updates as it progresses. Where significant events occur, the team will be in touch with you to discuss them and provide further information

If you require any of Gallowglass Enforcement services, please do not hesitate to contact the team on 0207 326 7840 or email

We will be happy to discuss your property and street security needs.

Other Property Services

Writ of Possession – Residential

County Court Possession orders between Landlord and Tenant can be enforced using certificated enforcement agents with the authority of an Authorised High Court Enforcement Officer

High Court Writ of Control

County court judgments (CCJs) can be enforced through certificated enforcement agents under the authority of an Authorised High Court Enforcement Officer.

Commercial Rent Arrears Recovery – CRAR

Commercial rent arrears recovery (CRAR) is a specified process for the recovery of pure rent. This is instructed in writing by the landlord without the intervention of the courts.

Forfeiture of Lease

Forfeiture is used to terminate a commercial lease where there has been a breach of a clause(s) within the lease.


A landlord or landowner has the right to recover their land or property. This is a common law right and must be used with caution.